Martin Events takes data protection issues very seriously and collects, processes and uses your personal data exclusively in accordance with the principles described below, taking into account the applicable data protection laws.
Collection and storage of personal data
- The term «personal data» refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable physical person. This includes, for example, your name, email address, telephone number and postal address.
- Personal data, as defined in the applicable data protection provisions, also include information concerning your use of our Website, which are collected, processed, stored and used by our internet agency’s web servers to enable the provision and optimisation of our Website and ensure system security and for statistical purposes (the «user data»). These include, inter alia, the connection data of the requesting computer (IP address), the pages that you visit on our Website, the date and length of your visit, the identification data of the type of browser and operating system used and the website from which you visit us. We do not utilise user data to determine your identity, nor do we combine them with other personal data stored by us.
- Apart from the user data described in paragraph 2 above, we will only collect personal data if you voluntarily share them with us. The following data, in particular, are collected in order to provide our services to you: title, name, email address, phone number, organisation or company of employment, position, postal address, passport information, special requirements and preferences, frequent flyer numbers, emergency contact information and bank details.
- The personal data shared by you are stored lawfully and as specified by the applicable data protection provisions. Your data will, of course, be treated confidentially.
- Whilst user data described in paragraph 2 above is stored on our internet agency’s servers for a maximum of six months, we will store personal data only as long as reasonably necessary and for a maximum period of five years.
Data processing and use
- Your personal data will be used, first and foremost, to provide services such as event communication, registration, application processes, contracts, accommodation and travel services, visa applications, invoices and spend reporting. All submitted data is stored in secure storage servers in Zurich, Switzerland and in data centres across the United States.
- For purposes of delivering our events and processing payments, we transmit the necessary data to third parties, in particular our mutual client and its local affiliates, professional congress organisers, appointed agencies, carefully selected service providers and visa offices. These third parties are also obligated to treat your data confidentially and to use them exclusively for purposes of providing services or processing payments in relation to a particular event, as applicable.
- Furthermore, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if we are authorised or obligated to do this based on legal provisions or official or court orders or if you have given us your express consent to do this.
- Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. («Google»).
Right to information, correction, blocking or deletion
- Under the applicable data protection provisions, you have the right to obtain information free of charge regarding your stored data, and, if applicable, the right to the correction, blocking or deletion of these data.
- Should you have any additional questions concerning data protection and the processing of your personal data, in the event of disclosure or if you wish to exercise your right to correction, blocking or deletion or to revoke a consent, please send a written notice to Martin Events, Vogesenstrasse 47, 4056 Basel, Switzerland or email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time under observation the applicable data protection laws. The respective current version at the time of your visit applies.
- The effective date of this Privacy Statement is 1 January 2018.